WAWA RESIDENT CHARGED FOR TAKING GOLF CART WITHOUT CONSENT
(WAWA, ON) - On May 5, 2020, at approximately 2:50 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to the complaint of a person operating a golf cart on Pinewood Drive in Wawa.
Officers located the vehicle and driver and found them to be in possession of several knives and a samurai sword. Further investigation revealed that the driver did not have permission to use the golf cart.
As a result of the investigation, Gerald ANGLEHART, 27 years-of-age, from Wawa, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Failure to Comply with Release Order - other than to attend court, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Take Motor Vehicle Without Consent, contrary to section 335(1) of the CC,
- Driving while under suspension, contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA),
- Operate unsafe vehicle, contrary to section 84 of the HTA,
- Drive motor vehicle - no permit, contrary to section 7(1)(a) of the HTA,
- Drive with seatbelt assembly modified, contrary to section 106(1) of the HTA, and
- Drive without proper headlights - motor vehicle, contrary to section 62(1) of the HTA.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on August 10, 2020, in Wawa.